H-PATTERN - T56 - TR-6060 - MAGNUM 6-speed helical-cut dog gear set.
TREMEC T56/TR-6060 gearboxes (also known as Magnum) are fitted to a range of GM and Ford models, including Corvette, Falcon, Viper, Cobra, Mustang and F150 and are some of the most widely used transmissions in the world.
PPG offers a 6-speed, helical-cut, dog-gear upgrade, which enables the gearbox to handle more power for sustained periods. All components in PPG’s gear set have been designed, developed and manufacturered for use in motorsport. Add to this the quality of materials, a billet steel mainshaft and PPG’s unique heat-treatment process, it means that each gear set is capable of handling engine outputs of over 1000hp.
To achieve this, PPG’s designers have developed a unique helical-cut, synchro, dog-engagement system. This design provides a greater surface area across the face of each tooth and means that it operates far more quietly than a conventional straight-cut gearbox. In addition, the engagement requires less effort than any other system on the market and, as well as reduce driver fatigue, this provides faster shift speeds and a more positive change - attributes that are prevalent throughout the PPG range.
Fit and function
The HL-T56H6G 6-speed helical-cut gear set is designed to directly replace the internal workings of the standard GM/Ford gearbox and therefore, drops straight into the manufacturers’ original casings. Consequently, no modifications have to be made to the clutch, driveshafts, mountings and mating surfaces.
PPG also manufacturer a sequential-shift upgrade for TREMEC transmissions, for both in-line and transaxle configurations. Please visit the PPG website or contact your local dealer for further details.
Quality comes as standard
Pfitzner Performance Gearbox has earned a reputation for producing the most durable automotive gear sets in the world. This accolade has been achieved through innovative design coupled with technologically advanced engineering and manufacturing.
Before every product is offered for sale, each is put through an extensive test and development programme. This has seen participation in demanding conditions, such as those encountered in Endurance sports car racing, the World Rally Championship, Drag Racing and Time Attack - plus a range of other motor sports where durability is the key to success.
PPG is proud of its reputation for using only the best quality materials. This includes high-grade aerospace quality steel and its carefully guarded method of heat-treating surfaces - a process that gives PPG components their unique and outstanding virtues.
Pfitzner’s continuous reinvestment and ISO 9001-2008 accreditation ensures it maintains the quality of its products throughout its manufacturing processes, features that endorse the company’s envied position as the world’s leading supplier of high performance gear sets.
Benefits of fitting a PPG gear set
• Strength and durability
• Compatible with PPG Sequential upgrade package
• Designed to handle significant increases in power
• Integration with OE components
• Pfitzner’s renowned effortless and positive shifting
• Fast gear-change means minimal drop in RPM
• Positive selection reduces risk of missed gears
• Compatible with motorsport ECU systems
• Continual development of new products gear set specification
• Aerospace grade steel used for all gears
• Components undergo PPG’s unique heat treatment process to ensure strength, durability and longevity
• Precision engineered tooth profile
• Perfect fit into original manufacturer’s gearbox casing
• Original linkage, clutch slave cylinder, driveshaft and ancillaries can be retained
• Wider gears to give greater surface-area contact